Contact us


Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

1 Spring Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

GPO Box 2392, Melbourne VIC 3001


03 9208 3333 - switchboard

Victorian Government Contact Centre - 1300 366 356

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you can call us via the National Relay Service:

TTY users phone 1800 555 677 - or

Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1800 555 727 - or

Internet relay users connect to the NRS ( see for details) and quote either the switchboard or Victorian Government Contact Centre number shown above.


You can contact us directly at

Planning scheme enquiries

If you require information about the operation of a particular planning scheme then you should contact the council that is responsible for the administration of that planning scheme.

Contact details for Victorian councils can be found from the Find your local council page on the DELWP website.

Any enquiries about planning schemes where the Minister for Planning is the planning authority (Alpine Resorts, French Island and Sandstone Island and the Port of Melbourne) can be made by email to

Back to top